3rd ANNUAL STRATEGIC CSR & SUSTAINABILITY SUMMIT 2019
Today, the basic objective of CSR is to maximize the company's overall impact on the society as well as on the stakeholders. An increasing number of companies are comprehensively integrating CSR policies, practices and programs throughout their business operations and processes. CSR is perceived not just another form of indirect expense but an important tool for protecting and enhancing the goodwill, defending attacks and increasing competitiveness.
Companies in India spent Rs 7,536.3 crore on corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities in 2017-18, a 47 percent rise compared to 2014-15, says a survey. The CSR compliance is also likely to improve and fall in the range of 97 to 98 per cent by financial year 2019-20, according to a research. As per a recent report, Top 500 companies that contribute to over 90 per cent of the total CSR spend estimate to spend over Rs 11,000 crore on social initiatives in FY19. Observations in 2018 state that 6% increase in the prescribed CSR and 8% increase in the actual CSR spend compared to FY 16-17.
Prime Minister's appeal for doing business on the tenet of "Zero Effect & Zero Defect" is the evidence for dealing with the dilemma of sustainable development. This is where corporate India has to showcase business innovations (technology or commercial) to pursue the profit which is inclusive, green and promote low carbon economy.
3rd Annual Strategic CSR & Sustainability Summit 2019 will focus on how companies have been reinventing their business strategy through incorporating CSR objective in the company's core business and are moving towards creating sustainable growth models in different ways. The event will focus on principles and best practices used by corporates and CSR & Sustainability professionals to innovate their existing efforts and the importance of effective partnerships.
Aalok A. Deshmukh
General Manager and Head Energy Efficiency, India International Operations
Head - Sustainability
Tata Motors Ltd.
Head Corporate Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility
DHL Express India
Head of Sustainability and CSR, Chief Design Officer and Business Head - Vikhroli
Godrej Properties Limited (GPL)
CSR Head - APJ
Dell EMC Corporation India
Head - Community Relations
Tata Power Ltd.
Joint President - Sustainability
Aditya Birla Group
Chief Operating Officer - CSR
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Dr. Manoj Dash
Head - CSR and Sustainability
Odisha Power Generation Corporation (OPGC) Ltd.
Dr. Nilay Ranjan
Head Corporate Social Responsibility
Vodafone Idea Ltd.
Head - Industrial Relations, Legal & CSR,
Tata Global Beverages Ltd.
Pratyush Kumar Panda
Head Corporate Social Responsibility
Head - Group CSR
Minda Corporation Ltd.
Puthige. A. Murali
Vice President - Regional Sustainability and Regulatory Affairs
Clariant Chemicals India Ltd.
Head - Corporate Sustainability
Tata Capital Financial Services Ltd.
Director - Corporate Marketing, Communications and Sustainability
Viacom 18 Media Pvt. Ltd.
Brigadier (Retd.) Rajiv Williams
Corporate Head – CSR
Jindal Stainless Group
Associate Vice President CSR
Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd.
KEY CONFERENCE FOCUS AREAS
- Leveraging Social Return on Investment (SROI) for effectively assessing the impact of CSR Programs
- Approaches to incorporating technology into CSR to streamline efforts towards identifying and creating long term shared value
- Approaches to result based CSR project management
- Effective Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of CSR Programs
- GRI guidelines in Sustainability Reporting - adapting global methodologies to Indian needs
- Creating value through sustainability
- Developing the pathway for Sustainability leadership
KEY TAKEWAYS FROM THE SUMMIT
- Map out the latest emerging strategies that will help your CSR process reach the next level
- Gain in-depth guidance on latest solutions being adopted to combat CSR & Sustainability goals
- Understand the specific guidelines on Corporate social responsibility
- Share best practices on various aspects shared by top companies in CSR activities
- Network with India's top regulatory and CSR & Sustainability experts
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Energy and Resources
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Consumer Business
- Life Sciences and Health Care
- Banking & Financial Services
- IT, ITes and Telecom
CEOs, Managing Directors & Functional Heads of
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Rehabilitation and Resettlement (R&R)
- Corporate Affairs
- Environmental Affairs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate & External Communications
- Investor Relations
- Community Relations
- Public Relations & Branding
- Strategic Planning