2nd ANNUAL STRATEGIC CSR & SUSTAINABILITY SUMMIT 2018
Today, the basic objective of CSR is to maximize the company's overall impact on the society as well as on the stakeholders. An increasing number of companies are comprehensively integrating CSR policies, practices and programs throughout their business operations and processes. CSR is perceived not just another form of indirect expense but an important tool for protecting and enhancing the goodwill, defending attacks and increasing competitiveness. India spent US$1.23 billion (Rs 83.45 billion) in various programs ranging from educational programs, skill development, social welfare, healthcare, and environment conservation. Actual CSR spend increased by 20% on YoY basis. Almost 1/3rd of the companies spent more than the prescribed CSR. 21% companies spent more than the prescribed CSR in both FY 2017 and FY 2016 55% of CSR spend is through implementing partners.
The total CSR expenditure during the year 2016 - 2017 by companies of Indian origin was INR 7019.7 cr. And that of non-Indian origin companies was INR196.2 cr. Against the prescribed CSR expenditure, Indian origin companies have spent 96 per cent while non-Indian origin companies have spent 145 per cent.
A total of Rs 2973 Crs were spent on 1598 projects for the Education and Skills development cause in 2017 followed by 2131 Crs on Poverty Alleviation, Healthcare issues through 1260 projects by the Indian corporates.
2nd Annual Strategic CSR & Sustainability Summit 2018 will focus on how companies have been reinventing their business strategy through incorporating CSR objective in the company's core business and are moving towards creating sustainable growth models in different ways. The event will focus on principles and best practices used by corporates and CSR & Sustainability professionals to innovate their existing efforts and the importance of effective partnerships.
KEY CONFERENCE FOCUS AREAS
- Changing progressive perspectives on how CSR creates value for corporates
- Developing an effective CSR Strategy
- Effective integration of CSR within the organization
- Leveraging CSR for achieving SDGs
- Taking help of SRoI to enhance your organization's sustainability
- Strategic planning to identify the ideal projects for investment
- Effective monitoring and evaluation of CSR interventions to maximize impact
- Approaches to effective collaborations and partnerships for sustainability projects
- Sustainability reporting - introduction and the steps required to identify material issues for your company
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?CEOs, Directors, VP/SVP, Senior management of: